Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Spain is AMAZING!!!!

I am having such a blast here in Spain! I know that I' ve only been here for a week and a half, but I feel like I've been gone for forever already and miss you all sooo much.

This is a picture of our little click here in Spain that we made basically right away. From the left it's me, Betsy (my roommate), Sam, and Caroline.
It's kinda crazy how we got so close so quickly but we're having a blast and basically doing everything together.

So far I haven't had any classes, I know that you're all jealous, but they start tomorrow. I'm kinda excited to see what class is going to be like here.

My host family here is pretty low key. Sandra, my host mom works for the Puerto Rican Consulate, but she's always home. It's a little weird though because we have a maid, Loli, who makes all of our meals in the morning and we can eat whenever we want to instead of as a family like we had originally thought that we would be.

Sandra's house is absolutely beautiful! I can't believe how much I lucked out. There are seven bedrooms in this apartment so I get my own room, which is this other picture. It's basically the size of a dorm room but just for one person. There's even a piano in my room, so if I ever get the urge to play again I can. She also has internet in her house, it took me until today to figure out how to log onto it, but it's all set and ready to go now. (I expect to be getting a lot of skype calls in the the future.)

Life in Sevilla has been very relaxed so far. The girls and I have been exploring the local night life this past weekend. We ended up, through my program, being set up with locals to show us what it's like to go out here. Jesus was our guide last Thursday and he gave us his number if we wanted to ask him anymore questions. Saturday night we got in touch with him and he took us out to a flamenco bar in Triana, which is one of the barrios of Sevilla, and it was sooo much fun because we were the only Americans in the place. All of the women there were teaching us how to dance and we had so much fun that we didn't even realize that we stayed out til 5 in the morning! But it was sooo much fun.

So that's really all I have to update you all on right now! I love and miss you all!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi hon: I'm following instructions
as they are posted for me, hope I'm doing it right.
Thanks for the pictures, they were
great. Nice surroundings.
You are so lucky with your travels,
just heard that you are meeting Joanne, you'll have a ball with her. Take care of yourself, and do
some studying, ha, ha. Love to you
Mimi

Unknown said...

Maybe you should call Jesus and ask him if his dad could tell him the answer to life...

ha

ha

ha

OK, I have FAARRR too much time on my hands. I'm going to go now. MISS YOUUU!!!